- The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access our websites are designed by Solar Buyback Solutions and are necessary to facilitate the viewing and navigation of our site.
- The main reasons for which cookies are used are for technical purposes essential to effective operation of our website, particularly in relation to site navigation.
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: –
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu ‘tools’ then “Internet Options”
- Click on the ‘privacy’ tab
- Select the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings> Advanced
- Under ‘Privacy and security’, click ‘Content settings’.
- Click ‘Cookies’
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on ‘Remove all Website Data’
For Mozilla firefox:
- Choose the menu ‘tools’ then ‘Options’
- Click on the icon ‘privacy’
- Find the menu ‘cookie’ and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu Files> Preferences
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off.
When someone visits www.solarbuybacksolutions.com we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things like our most visited pages and how long someone spends on each page. This information is only ever processed in a way which does not identify anyone personally. We do not make, or allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
When you visit our offices, and log on to the ‘GUEST’ WI-FI, we do automatically capture some information which we have listed below. However, this information is never evaluated or used by the business in any way:
- Your device: Device host names and device types are captured along with the associated local IP address issued.
- Data usage: Volume is tracked for individual hostnames; the usage is broken down into high level applications and domains by active time and sent/received data quantity. Individual webpage URLs and accessed IP addresses are not tracked. This usage is broken down in active time for each user and the number of active traffic flows. The Access Point that the user was last connected to is also shown.
When you request a valuation from us, we will use the information you provide to get in touch to arrange a suitable date and time for a survey. A tick box is highlighted to ensure you are aware of this before submitting your details.
We would also like to contact you from time to time re special offers or information about any of our other Renewable Energy services (Solar Battery for example). A separate tick box is included at the foot of all our survey request forms. If you do not tick this to express your consent, we will not contact you for these purposes.
We don’t trade or rent email lists with any other organisations and businesses.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to communicate marketing related offers. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s Privacy Notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing our data protection officer, Thomas Thain, at [email protected]
We share information with select organisations. These are all listed below, along with the information we share and importantly, why we share it. As ever, we would never share your information unless it was necessary and linked to the work you have asked us to undertake.
- Passiv Systems Ltd: Information shared: Name, Address, Signed Lease, Signed Solar Contract, Signed Letter of Authority, Signed FIT Agreement, Signed FIT Licensee Switch Request, Survey photos & Documents. Why shared? Used as a Shared Platform to enable Clifford Chance and Aviva to review the assets for Due Diligence. Also allows all parties (Solar Buyback Solutions & Aviva Equity Release) to access an overview of the performance of the customer’s system through an online portal via a remote Passiv Meter installed at the customer’s property. Allows us to monitor and maintain the customer’s PV System should any repairs/maintenance be required.
- Rina (OST): Information shared: Name, Address, Survey Photos. Why shared? Allows Rina to ensure that all technical aspects of the customer’s system are in working order and are compliant to industry guidelines.
- Aviva Equity Release: Information Shared: Name, Address, Signed Lease, Signed Solar Contract, Signed Letter of Authority, Signed FIT Agreement, Signed FIT Licensee Switch Request. Why Shared? For due diligence procedures and to ensure that they have records of the assets which they are purchasing.
- Clifford Chance: Information Shared: Name, Address, Signed Lease, Signed Solar Contract, Signed Letter of Authority, Signed FIT Agreement, Signed FIT Licensee Switch Request. Why shared? For due diligence procedures to ensure that all paperwork has been correctly completed.
- HM Land Registry: Information Shared: Name, Address, Signed Lease, Mortgage Provider Consent (If Applicable). Why shared? To register the airspace lease on the customer’s property as evidence that the Feed in Tariff(FIT) has been transferred to Aviva for the remainder of the FIT Term.
- Feed In Tariff (FIT) Provider: Information shared: Name, Address, System Details. Why shared? To Transfer the Feed in Tariff from the customer’s current Utility Provider to Aviva’s chosen FIT Provider ARTO Energy.
- Mortgage Provider(s) (If Applicable): Information shared: Name, Address, Signed Lease, Signed Letter of Authority, MCS Certificate. Why shared? To obtain consent from the customer’s mortgage provider and to ensure that they approve of the customer proceeding with their Solar Buyback Application.
Access to Your Personal Information
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to our data protection officer, Thomas Thain, at [email protected]
Changes to This Privacy Notice